In our experience, most people go way too easy on real estate agents during an interview. We encourage you to ask tough questions and expect great answers. After all, your life can be greatly affected by the quality of REALTOR you choose both to buy and to sell your home.
One excellent extra benefit that you'll receive from asking these types of questions will be that the inexperienced and part time agents will quickly be exposed.
5 Top Questions To Ask A Realtor Before You Sign With A Buyer’s Agent
1. Can you provide me with a report from your board of Realtors that shows how many homes you have sold in my city in the past 2 years and where that ranks among your peers?
2. Can I get it in writing that you will be working for me and not the transaction?
3. If I want to make sure the seller will fix issues that are revealed during inspections, can you make that happen?
4. What value can you bring to my new construction search and how can you help with the building process?
5. What if you are busy when a hot new property hits the market, how will I get to be the first one to see it or get an offer submitted as soon as I’m ready?
5 Top Questions To Ask A Realtor Before You Sign To List Your Property
1. Can you show me the online marketing that you’ve done for the past 10 homes you’ve listed and explain how you will prepare and market my home?
2. Will you insure that my house will not be taken off the market by someone who can simply change their mind - and still get their deposit back?
3. How will you get my house to compete with all this new construction?
4. What do you lose if my house doesn’t’ sell?
5. Can you provide me with a report from your board of Realtors that shows how many homes you have sold in my city in the past 2 years and where that ranks among your peers?
These are just a few of many great questions a tough interviewer will consider in order to help them get the best of the best to guide them through the complicated process of educating, finding, negotiating and closing on their new home.
Written by Steve Martin Smith
Steve Martin Smith is a top Sarasota County area Real Estate Agent licensed in the state of Florida since January of 2015. With an impressive launch, he attained the number two ranking in his brokerage of 20 agents by the end of 2016. That caused other brokerages to aggressively attempt to recruit him and eventually he accepted an offer with Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate in March of 2017. Since that time Steve has reached many personal heights. Selling $1,000,000+ estates from Panther Ridge in Manatee County to Burnt Store Marina condos in Punta Gorda, Steve has managed to become the top selling Coldwell Banker agent of single family homes in the area that includes Venice, Venice Island, Nokomis and The West Villages since 2017. He is also in the top 40 of all Sarasota County Realtors.