In our experience, most people go way too easy on real estate agents during an interview.
We encourage you to ask tough questions and expect great answers. After all, your life can be greatly affected by the quality of Realtor you choose.
5 Top Questions To Ask A Realtor Before You Sign with a Buyer’s Agent
1. Can I get it in writing that you will be working for me and not the transaction?
2. If I want to make sure the seller will fix issues that are revealed during inspections, can you make that happen?
3. What value can you bring to my new construction search and how can you help with the building process?
4. What if you are busy when a hot new property hits the market, how will I get to be the first one to see it or get an offer submitted as soon as I’m ready?
5. This process could take many months or even years, just how patient are you with your buyers as you educate them on the market?
These are just a few of many great questions a tough interviewer will consider in order to help them get the best of the best to guide them through the complicated process of educating, finding, negotiating and closing on their new home.
Steve Martin Smith is a Top 1% REALTOR who specializes in Residential New Construction and Resale in Sarasota County, including Venice and The West Villages.
SteveMartinHomes.com is the GO-TO Real Estate site for Sarasota, Charlotte and Manatee Counties.